Why You Should Hire a Professional Photographer
With the current digital camera market and smart phones that take such good photos, is there really a reason to hire a professional photographer?
After over 13 years running my family photography studio, hundreds of family sessions and thousands of baby portraits taken – my answer is a resounding “YES!”
Below are just some of the reasons why a pro is a better choice when it comes to photographing life’s most precious memories:
- An expensive camera does not automatically result in photographic skills. Just because your friend, co-worker, or relative has a high-speed, top quality digital camera doesn’t mean they know what they’re doing behind the camera. While quality equipment does help the average consumer improve their photography game, a professional photographer offers an artistic approach, creative eye and experience that cannot be purchased at a camera store.
- Professional equipment has its perks. Shooting with top of the range cameras and professional lighting equipment helps us take the best shots, even in less than optimal circumstances. Capturing low light, nighttime and even high-speed action shots can be tricky for the amateur photographer but a professional knows what’s required to capture those types of shots.
- Posing is our thing. Ever tried to get friends and relatives, including kids, to stay still and pose for a big group shot? It’s easier said than done. Need a little inspiration for your own special portraits? A professional photographer can help. Photographers perform these tasks sometimes daily, so they have perfected the skills required to get the best results while making everyone feel comfortable in front of the camera.
- They’re hired. Using a friend or family member to take your photos could mean missed moments. A professional photographer is exclusively hired to capture your baby at this age – this milestone – so you won’t miss out on photos you didn’t realise would become more treasured as they grow. Hiring a professional photographer guarantees you capture the moment, and extending it to cover your baby’s first year ensures all the key milestones are recorded.
- The end result is part of the process. Professional photographers not only capture your photos, they also edit and retouch images in order to achieve a beautiful finished product. They can also assist with extras such as albums, custom prints and canvases.
So there you have it – my top 5 reasons for hiring a professional photographer for your family. That way, you never miss a moment!
If you enjoyed reading this blog ‘Why you should hire a professional photographer’ please consider sharing it with your friends.
About the photographer: Sue is a professional portrait photographer based in Harlow, Essex and she specialises in baby and child portraiture. Being a parent, she understands just how special your child is to you and her aim is to produce a collection of images that are natural and meaningful to your family. No two moments are ever the same and she wants to perfectly capture those early precious memories and the natural character of your child. For more information please call 01279 433392, visit the Sue Kennedy Photography website and follow Sue on Facebook or Instagram.