Tips for Gorgeous Outdoor Photos
Being outdoors in the summer sun is a great setting for some fun photos of you and your loved ones. In order to get the best results from your session, there are a few things to consider before you step in front of your photographer’s lens.
- Wear sunscreen. If you are going to be out in the sun for a long period of time, especially with children, sunscreen is a must. It can however also make your skin look quite shiny. If possible apply makeup that has built-in sunscreen otherwise apply some powered concealer to spots that look especially oily.
- Bring along some tissues & concealer powder. Unless it’s a cool day, you’re probably going to sweat. Bring along some tissues for dabbing off the sweat and your concealer powder for touch ups.
- There might be bugs. Photos in the woods can be romantic and beautiful but depending on the time of day and the area you’re in, it could mean swatting away flies and mosquitos. A little bug repellent can make your photo session a lot more pleasant
- Stay hydrated. Posing for pictures may not seem like hard work but in the hot sun, you don’t have to move around much to be affected by the heat. Make sure you bring lots of water and other hydrating beverages, and drink up often.
- Apply makeup sparingly. You want that fresh, sun kissed look in your photos so don’t overdo your makeup application.
- What you wear matters. Choose clothing that is comfortable and fits your body shape. Feel free to incorporate accessories such as a hat but don’t let it overwhelm the photo.
- Choose your time of day. Since midday can be scorching, plan your shoot early in the morning or just before the sun sets to avoid looking hot and flustered in your photos.
If you enjoyed reading this blog ‘tips for gorgeous outdoor photos’ please consider sharing it with your friends.
About the photographer: Sue is a professional portrait photographer based in Harlow, Essex and she specialises in baby and child portraiture. Being a parent, she understands just how special your child is to you and her aim is to produce a collection of images that are natural and meaningful to your family. No two moments are ever the same and she wants to perfectly capture those early precious memories and the natural character of your child. For more information please call 01279 433392, or visit the Sue Kennedy Photography website.